Winter 2017-18

Barts Bash was the last race of 2017.

2017 summary - went out in Elsa about 10 times, total distance travelled about 90 nm. Plus several other adventures on other boats!

Later in September I did a bit of varnishing and cleaning then began to dismantle everything ready for crane out. Took the sails off and brought them home. Took the rudder off and stored it inside the boat. Took the outboard off and traded it in for a brand new Mercury 4 stroke 5hp engine which I took home and kept in the shed. Removed the blue sprayhood, took it home, used the jetwasher to clean off the green dirty stuff and put it in the shed.

In October I went for surgery on my ankle and was plastered up and in crutches etc., until January. Friends helped crane Elsa out and she ended up sat ashore with her keel up resting on some yacht club floats and my metal prop stands. Nearly fell off once in some strong wind but we got her upright again. She sat there untouched until we got a bit of warmer weather late February and I was fit enough, Georgia came and helped me get two coats of antifoul everywhere except the keel which was retracted up inside the boat. Later I reassembled and re-hung the rudder and gave the blade a few coats of Trilux.

Crane in was postponed a couple of times due to weather but on Thursday 29th March 2018 she was craned in. The new engine ran fine and I got her safely back to her berth. Georgia helped me again on 30th, we got the sails on and Elsa is ready to go sailing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-powering project Spring 2023

New rudder

Cowes weekend 2023